Survivor Art Warning

Keep in mind that survivor art is not about beauty. It reveals trauma...sometimes in a subtle way. Sometimes rather graphically. The beauty, to me, is in being a witness to my own healing from the images given to me by formerly traumatized and even suicidal alters.

Please use caution in viewing this site. I'm proud to be sufficiently healed to share this art (most of which was done from 1997 to 2000). All depicted in the images have integrated. This is me when I was "we".

12.18.2008

Double chimneys

These images accompany the blog post at Forbidden Topic also from today's entry date.

I chose this to be representative of my many images/collages of the building. Aside from the double chimneys, notice the windows with the square glass blocks. You can see the circles around the chimneys better in the lower image. Apparently they are used like a ladder. The top image also reflects one of the many images I have of very large piping.


Aside from images of the Annex at Walter Reed printed out for my memory folder, I had the firetruck image from Walter Reed's fire company #55 placed next to the two chimney building in my collages.


Images taken from the side of what was identified as Walter Reed's incinerator building. The left photo shows the detail of the window with the glass blocks.


I'm not sure if this is the full front or full back of the building. Notice the top of the roof with the windows. The cartoon images also show windows on top of the roof line.

The detail provided in the combined images was uncanny, to me. Especially getting a ton of rollerblading images the week before this trip. I was wondering wtf since they seemed so out of place. But that sign stating NO ROLLERBLADING started the memory/flashback sequence. More questions. That rollerblading sign could not have been there in the 60s. How did my insiders know it was there now? For more details, see the post at Forbidden Topic.

No comments: