Survivor Art Warning

Keep in mind that survivor art is not about beauty. It reveals trauma...sometimes in a subtle way. Sometimes rather graphically. The beauty, to me, is in being a witness to my own healing from the images given to me by formerly traumatized and even suicidal alters.

Please use caution in viewing this site. I'm proud to be sufficiently healed to share this art (most of which was done from 1997 to 2000). All depicted in the images have integrated. This is me when I was "we".

12.13.2008

Audrey


I was heartbroken to learn that Audrey first identified with being a skeleton. She's a little warrior. Notice how she is identified by holding her right hand up. The circle for eyes and the mouth also connect her images. Her first transformation was from skeleton to drawing. The images make it clear which of the split girls is Audrey. If you look below to Lucy's images, notice how they both have bare feet and are holding flowers in their healed pictures. Many littles only had bare feet. I like to think of it is (in the double language world) as showing my "sole"...soul.


I don't know about the meaning of hats except to connect pictures for me. Notice the two babies have the same hat as healed Audrey. The internal message is that was the body's age at the time of the split. Preverbal :-(

No comments: