Survivor Art Warning

Keep in mind that survivor art is not about beauty. It reveals trauma...sometimes in a subtle way. Sometimes rather graphically. The beauty, to me, is in being a witness to my own healing from the images given to me by formerly traumatized and even suicidal alters.

Please use caution in viewing this site. I'm proud to be sufficiently healed to share this art (most of which was done from 1997 to 2000). All depicted in the images have integrated. This is me when I was "we".

3.28.2010

A Year of Healing


My last post was March last year. Through collages I was led through complex programming connected to a very fractured version of Alice in Wonderland/Wizard of Oz and Tinkerbelle. All fragments of Alice reunited as happened with Tinkerbelle. Then the two united into one healed Alice. Alice has always gone with keys. For me, Alice herself was a key. Her healing opened safe passage for the original unsplit me. I had thought Jane and Ellie were a split core but all kept the secret of Libby as core.

Libby has appeared throughout my Polyvore collages from early on. (I was surprised to see how early she emerged in my collages!) I knew she represented the conscious me...the one with "my" memories of my life. But I thought she was an alter. Above is Libby's healed adult image. She has been represented by the model Lily Cole in nearly all Libby collages.

She shares conscious space with me now. Since she held so much Alice programming, my memory and backwards world perspective have been impacted. It's a good thing though. She brings with her many answers to my life.

No comments: